Tuesday 12 December 2017

Military Memory, and the Sacred Space

Back in September the Barnsley War Memorial Project had the unique opportunity to take part in a radio interview about the Battle of Passchendaele. The show was originally broadcast at 11am on the 10th November 2017, but it's still available to listen to on iPlayer for the moment.
I must tell you, that as I have Aspergers I find public speaking of any kind extremely difficult. I'd much rather write something for the local newspaper than do a talk. But I felt this was too great an opportunity to promote group to turn down, so I hesitantly agreed to go along with another member of the group to speak with Giles Fraser. It was very hard, but I'm glad I did it if only for the experience. (I'm not sure I could do it again though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment